Duke's Streusel Coffee Cake
Breakfast and Brunch/Desserts
- 21/2 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 11/4 cups Duke's Mayonnaise, divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 11/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line four 4×2″ mini loaf pans with aluminum foil extending foil 1 inch above top of each pan.
- In a small bowl with fork, stir together 1 cup of the flour, the brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- stir in 1/2 cup of the mayonnaise until well mixed.
- In medium bowl stir together remaining 11/2 cups flour, the granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Make an indentation in center
- add remaining 3/4 cup mayonnaise, the eggs and vanilla
- stir just until dry ingredients are incorporated (mixture should not be smooth).
- Divide half the batter among loaf pans
- spread to make even layers. Evenly crumble 1/4 cup of pecan mixture into each pan.
- Add remaining batter
- spread to make even layers. Crumble remaining streusel on top
- lightly pat into batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in pans before removing.