Fried Zucchini Blossoms
Starters & Snacks
- Oil for frying (peanut oil works best)
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- ⅔ cup club soda
2 dozen zucchini blossoms
- ⅔ cup Duke's Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Duke's Sandwich Relish
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Dash of hot sauce
- Heat about 1/2 inch oil in a wide, deep pan to 375°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat egg.
- Add flour and 1/4 tsp. salt and beat until it forms a thick batter. Whisk in club soda until batter becomes very thin.
- Using tongs, dip each zucchini blossom in the batter to thoroughly coat.
- Place blossoms in the oil and fry about 3 minutes until golden brown. Turn and cook about 1-2 minutes until browned on other side.
- Drain on several paper towels, sprinkle with salt, and serve immediately with dipping sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Makes 2 dozen zucchini blossoms.