Savory Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 large white (button) mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Marsala wine or cooking sherry
- 1/2 lb. pork sausage
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise with Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Thoroughly clean mushrooms. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop them finely, set aside. Place the mushroom caps in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the Marsala wine.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and break it up with a spoon or spatula. Cook the sausage until it is brown and crumbly and cooked through.
- Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the green onions and the garlic, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the panko breadcrumbs, stir until well blended.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in the mayonnaise, Asiago and parsley. Mix well, taste, season with salt and pepper if desired. Cool.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the sausage mixture, and place in a large baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Garnish with additional chopped parsley.