Savory Tomato Pie
- 1 pie shell
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced into rings
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 11/2 lbs. tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tsp. basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup Duke's Light Mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake pie shell until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Sauté onions in oil over medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Place onions in bottom of baked pie shell, then place tomato slices on top of onions. Sprinkle tomato slices with basil and black pepper.
- In a small bowl combine cheeses and mayonnaise. Spread over tomato slices and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.