Shrimp Burgers with Spicy Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 11/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups buttery round crackers, crushed and divided
- 3/4 cup Duke's Light Mayonnaise
- Vegetable oil
- 8 hamburger buns
- Spicy Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Duke's Light Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Sauté onion in 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat until tender, then set aside.
- Finely chop shrimp and mix with Cajun seasoning and 1 cup of cracker crumbs in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise and onion, stirring to combine.
- Place remaining cracker crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Form shrimp mixture into about 8 patties, press into cracker crumbs and set on a plate.
- Put patties into the freezer for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 1 hour, to firm up.
- While patties are in the freezer, combine the spicy mayonnaise ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Carefully add firmed shrimp patties to the pan and cook until deep golden brown on each side.
- Place on paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- 9. Make burgers as desired and serve.
- For an appetizer alternative, form shrimp mixture into small patties instead and serve by themselves or on miniature hamburger buns.