- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 (3.8 oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 Tbsp. chile powder
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- Sour cream to top, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9×13” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef with the onion and green pepper. Cook until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, then drain fat from the pan.
- Stir in garlic, kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, olives, salt, cumin and chile powder. Cook until heated through, about 7 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese, stir until just melted. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Combine all topping ingredients in a bowl, stir until well blended. The cornbread batter will be thick. Place spoonfuls of the batter all over the meat, then use a spatula to smooth and fill in the topping.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown, and the filling is bubbly. Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream if desired.