Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
Starters & Snacks/Tailgate
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup Duke's Light Mayonnaise
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- Pinch of fine ground black pepper
1 tsp. teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Combine all meatball ingredients
- mix well.
- Form mixture into tablespoon sized balls.
- Brown meatballs on all sides in a large sauté pan. Add 2 tablespoons of water to pan, cover, reduce heat to low and continue cooking until fully cooked.
- While meatballs are cooking, make sauce. Heat oil in a medium saucepan set over medium heat.
- Add sesame seeds and sauté for a few minutes, until seeds are lightly toasted.
- Add teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger to saucepan
- bring mixture to a gentle boil.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup water and then slowly add to saucepan. Whisk sauce and continue cooking until thickened.
- Add sauce to cooked meatballs and stir to coat.
- Serve as an appetizer or with rice and stir-fry vegetables as a meal.